It is the policy of the CCM Group of Companies to maintain the highest ethical standards and thereby keep its reputation with, and ensure its acceptability to governments, regulatory bodies, communities and all those with whom CCM conducts business or has dealings. This requires all employees to maintain the highest standards of honesty, integrity and trustworthiness in the day-to-day performance of their duties and in any situation where the employee is representing CCM.
As a responsible corporate citizen, CCM Group of Companies is committed to contribute to society by providing high quality products whilst creating value for our stakeholders.
We recognise that in addition to providing assurance to Muslims, Halal certification also benefits everyone, as the products would have strictly adhered to stringent Islamic requirements which have high standards of safety, efficacy, quality and hygiene conditions.
- We are committed to manufacture, import and distribute consumable products which are in compliance with the requirements of the authorised Islamic certification bodies and other related regulatory bodies.
- We will ensure that the non-consumable products which we manufacture, import and distribute meet the same high standards of safety, efficacy, quality and hygiene conditions.
- We will ensure that our production and supply chain processes adhere to the safety, efficacy, quality and hygiene standards set by authorised Islamic certification bodies and other related regulatory bodies.
- We will actively and continuously assess and manage our operations to be consistently in compliance with relevant applicable standards as set by authorised Islamic certification bodies and other related regulatory bodies.
- We will strive to optimise our Halal positioning as an edge in creating value for all our stakeholders.
The CCM Group is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment that is consistent with promoting and fostering employees' safety, health and well being.
The company views seriously the case of employees (or contractors on site) using illegal drugs or indulging in alcohol and other substance abuse at the workplace. Appropriate action will be instituted against anyone who presents himself at work under the influence of illegal substances or possesses, distributes or sells illegal drugs in the workplace.
The PEDAS policy is designed to ensure that we fulfil our obligations to our employees, shareholders, customers, the public and the relevant statutory authorities. The intent of this policy is to offer a helping hand to those who need it while sending a clear message that illegal drugs use, alcohol and substance abuse are totally unacceptable.
To fully comply with all statutory requirements and the Group's Safety and Health standards, the PEDAS policy stipulates that it is a violation for any employee to:
- possess, sell, trade or offer for sale illegal drugs or otherwise engage in the use of illegal drugs or alcohol and other substance abuse while at work.
- report to work under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol.
- use prescription drugs illegally at the workplace - where there are any doubts, the employee must seek clarification with the supervisor.
Anyone violating the PEDAS policy will be subject to strict disciplinary action in line with company disciplinary procedures, including dismissal. The company reserves the right to search employee's personal belongings and to conduct "random test" and "test for cause" on anyone where there is reason to believe non-conformance with the above policy.
Where there is reason to believe that an employee has an alcohol, drug or other substance abuse problem, the supervisor should offer personal advice, counsel the employee, encourage him/her to seek professional help and advise the employee concerned about available resources for getting such help. The implementation of this policy will be a prime consideration in the management of oc pational safety and health related activities in the Group.
It is the policy of the CCM Group of Companies to recognise the broad spectrum of risks which the Group faces along with the opportunities which it seeks in its businesses and operations. It is a strategic objective of the Group to have an effective risk management programme and control systems to assess and mitigate these risks and thereby facilitate the Group in meeting all its business objectives, most specifically:-
The Group is committed to developing and maintaining a risk management culture in its employees through leadership, education, communication and consultation so that a risk-based approach is effectively embedded in its business processes and operations.
- To enhance the Group's high standards of corporate governance;
- To safeguard shareholders' investment;
- To safeguard the Group's assets;
- To develop the Group's employees and promote their well-being;
- To facilitate the Group's long term growth under all business conditions.
It is the policy of the CCM Group of Companies to be a responsible corporate organisation. We recognise the importance to integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectation of our shareholders.
- We are committed to manage our business in the highest standard of integrity and corporate governance practices and demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We will strive to provide our customers with products and services that are hallmarked by integrity, quality and care.
- We are committed to protecting the health and safety of all individuals affected by our activities including our employees, contractors and the public by providing a safe and healthy working environment.
- We will actively assess and manage the environmental impact of all of our operations.
- We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and ensure that employees are treated fairly and given the opportunity to grow with the company.
- We will continue to develop and participate in community programmes which enhances the quality of life especially those related to healthcare, education, sports and the environment.
In furtherance of our vision of enhancing quality of life, the CCM Group of Companies is committed towards achieving sustainability that will benefit our stakeholders, the environment, our people and the communities in the territories in which we operate.
In achieving this, we shall:
- Ensure that our activities, products and services are, so far as is practicable, safe to the environment and the health of the people;
- Be committed towards the prevention of injury, ill health and pollution as well as towards environmental conservation;
- Comply with all applicable statutory, regulatory and business requirements in the territories that we operate;
- Optimizing the use of natural resources to reduce our carbon footprint and as far as practicable, practice energy efficiency throughout all our plants and facilities;
- Be committed towards full conformance to applicable quality, safety, health and environmental international standards;
- Operate in an open, transparent and accountable manner;
- Cultivate a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace;
- Work closely with our stakeholders and local communities to further improve their quality of life;
- Define our sustainability goals, objectives and targets and measure our sustainability performance against agreed targets;
- Provide, as far as practicable, the appropriate resources in order to achieve our sustainability goals, objectives and targets;
- Continually review and improve our sustainability performance by encouraging innovative thinking and monitoring global economic, social and environmental trends, best practices, challenges and opportunities;
- Communicate this Policy to all relevant parties including our stakeholders, customers, employees and the local communities in which we operate.
Everyone in the CCM Group of Companies is accountable and responsible for the successful application of and compliance with this Policy.